Hope everyone had a relaxing holiday and is glad to be back at work...or at least back playing music! The festive season can be rather dull without band practice to attend :-)
We start 2018 with a few exciting concert announcements. Inexplicably working backwards from next Christmas...
- At the end of the year we'll be holding a big Christmas performance to celebrate 50 years since our first concert! We're still toying with location, so watch this space.
- We are due to play at the rather swish National Liberal Club in the City of Westminster in the autumn
- Wells next the Sea is an annual tradition, and we'll be back in this beautiful town raising money for the local RNLI on 20 October
- Lots of summer bandstand gigs around the London area and the south of England
- Band on tour! A fun long weekend in Lake Balaton, Hungary, taking part in their music festival!
- Concert with our local church, St Mary's Lewisham, commemorating 1100 years since the monks of Ghent laid the building's first stone!
- A long May bank holiday weekend in Salcombe, Devon, playing for their local RNLI
- Open rehearsal Sunday 28 January
In short, we've got a busy and exciting year!
Best wishes from Mary, clarinet-player, and your friendly local band chairman :-)